In October, Badcock Home Furniture & more was awarded the designation as “Top Scorer” on the Wood Furniture Scorecard by the National Wildlife Foundation and the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
What does this mean exactly?
It means we have committed to:
· Avoiding wood from unacceptable sources like illegally harvested or traded timber
· Using forest resources responsibly – especially the wood in our furniture
· Progressively increasing the amount of wood from certified and recycled sources
· Implementing policies that source wood responsibly through our supply chains
We are also committed to providing you with sustainable furnishings that are free of toxins, reduce our carbon footprint, and more. To see a list of all our efforts toward the Best Practices we have adopted in making our furniture, please visit our Sustainability page.
Thoughtful consideration goes into every material when creating a piece of furniture
How does this affect you?
When you purchase furniture that has been sustainably sourced, you are taking action to prevent deforestation, keep toxins out of your home, and help make the earth healthier for your family and generations to come.
With this in mind, we have featured some of our finer sustainable furnishing collections:
Sustainable Dining Room
This collection is responsibly sourced from tree-farm grown timber and makes a beautiful addition to any kitchen or dining area.
Fun ways to upgrade sustainably:
· Use non-toxic paint to coat walls with a fresh new color
· Repurpose mason jars to hold seasonal flowers or dry arrangements
· Hang an old wood ladder from the ceiling and use it as a pot rack
Sustainable Living Room
The Hinsdale Sectional Collection
The Hinsdale Collection is made with sustainable FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) certified wood.
Fun ways to decorate sustainably:
· Choose candles made from beeswax or soy
· Install energy efficient dimmer switches to reduce lighting output
· Add fresh plants to the room, which provide oxygen and remove toxins
Furnish your bedroom beautifully with sustainable FSC certified wood responsibly sourced from tree-farm grown timber.
· Choose recycled fabrics, like the indoor/outdoor throw blankets and pillows we offer that were made from 100% recycled water bottles
· Add an air purifier to filter out allergens
· Use LED bulbs for eco-friendly lighting
If we all do our part to conserve valuable resources by sustainably shopping, we can improve the health and well-being in our lives, the lives of others – and that of our planet.