We previously talked about event décor and now we'd like to provide tips on how to decorate when it's your turn to host Thanksgiving dinner.
There's more to think about than just the turkey and side dishes. Having stylish Thanksgiving table décor will definitely bring that "wow" factor and will keep your guests talking until next year. Whether it's the little DIY touches that show your creativity or memorable new décor, here are some tips on how to get your dining room table Thanksgiving-ready by Turkey Day.
1. Make Your Centerpiece the Star
It could be a cornucopia or an ostentatious flower arrangement, but the centerpiece is the heart of your Thanksgiving dinner. There are a million and one things you can do to try and dress up the center of your table. You're only limited by your own creativity. Whether you prefer classic designs or you'd like to try something a little eclectic, here are a few ideas to play around with to make sure your centerpiece is the star:
· Choose your favorite vase and create your own floral display.
· Integrate the outdoors by including a variety of different foliage pieces.
· From large orange pumpkins to mini gourds in every hue, get creative with a variety of festive trimmings.
· Incorporate a plethora of candles and different kinds of lighting to brighten the evening.
· Mix and match styles, such as pairing wood candlesticks with crystal vases.
2. Don't Limit Your Color Palette
Although traditionally Thanksgiving décor comes in warmer hues, like browns, reds, and oranges, it's okay to branch out into different color palettes. There is no hard and fast rule that says you can't add in your favorite blue plates or the rose-colored china you got from your grandmother. Find that special something that reflects your distinct style.
3. Don't Skimp on the Table Linens
Thanksgiving is one of those occasions where you can break out those rarely used table linens. Now is not the time for plastic tablecloths and paper napkins. Not only do linens doll up your table, but your guests will feel honored that you would take the trouble to pull out items you don't normally use. Table linens come in a huge range of colors, giving you a chance to incorporate your chosen palette even more. Some linens you may want to consider include:
· Cloth napkins
· Table runners
4. Do Some Thanksgiving DIY Projects That Show Your Personality
If you type in the word "Thanksgiving" on Pinterest, thousands upon thousands of DIY projects will fill your screen. Handcrafted odds and ends can be used on your dining room table to display your distinct style and personality. There are many options to choose from, but some of our favorites include:
· Handwritten place cards with your guests' names in fun or fanciful letters
· Holiday-inspired napkin rings that can be as simple as attaching a lovely acorn with a piece of twine
· Homemade potpourri in evocative holiday scents
· Decorated pine cones
5. Update Your Dining Room Furnishings
If your dining room table has seen better days or you're ready to invest in a new sideboard, turn to Badcock Home Furniture &more for all your furniture needs. We are here to make sure you have everything you require before it's time to host Thanksgiving dinner at your home. Browse our selection of furniture and home décor online or visit us at one of our many locations.